Friday, May 3, 2013

9/30: 10 Influences!

Are you all ready for this!? ha!
1. Mom and Dad-
They have done so much for me, they have sacrificed a lot for me. I wouldn't be the person I am if it wasn't for them! They taught me how to love the gospel, the temple, people, how to go after my dreams and to not be afraid (still working on the afraid part!).  I fall short a lot of times and they believe in me when no one else does!
 
2. My Brothers-
I love my brothers! They taught me how to stand up for what I believe. They also taught me how to be a better missionary. They both love the gospel so very much and it shows in their actions and deeds. They also taught me how to love and that love can be extended to people outside of our family. I hope one day I can find someone as amazing as my brothers (and who loves video games too).
 
3. My Sista-
She is so amazing! She has really shown me how to relax. To know my sister is to know that she pretty much goes with the flow, unless you're crazy and give her unsolicited advice, then watch out! She has taught me about forgivness too, she is quick to forgive those who have wronged her, including me!  She (hopefully!) has forgiven me for all that I had done to her when we were younger! 
 
4. Laurel Maxfield-
My best friend. She is the one who taught me how to laugh at myself! She loves me even though I'm crazy! She really has taught me about self-esteem, I haven't always had the best self-esteem but with her as a friend she helps me see that I'm good enough the way I am.
 
5. Bro. Bowcutt-
Nobody knows the gospel and lives it like Bro. Bowcutt. He was the institute director in our stake for like 8 years or something and heaven bless him (that's what he would always say to us!) for coming here. He helped my testimony of the Savior grow so much while taking his classes. His love for Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ is written on his sleeve. He also taught me that doing what Heavenly Father wants me to do is more important than wanting to do what I want to do! I'll always be grateful to him, and he might not ever know!
 
6. Elizabeth Henry-
My partner in crime at work! Her mom found out that she has brain cancer February 2012, and as stressed out as she is with everything she is the epitome of perseverance. She keeps on keeping on even though it would be really easy to just sit down and cry. When I get stressed out and start crying at work over something so incredibly stupid she will sit at my desk and talk to me until I'm better.
 
7. Mark Jackson-
My ol buddy! He taught me that I have self worth-even when I didn't think I did, that I'm special to more than just my family and Heavenly Father. I'll always be grateful for his friendship and how much he taught me.
 
8. Bonnie Sherwood-
My other bestie. You can have 2 right?! About 9 years ago I was struggling with some things and I told Heavenly Father that I needed a friend who would understand those struggles and He sent me Bonnie, she was put into my life for a reason, she has taught me SO much. She and I are almost the same person, it's scary! The biggest thing she taught me is that life doesn't always go as planned and that's okay because it's not about our timing, it's all about the Lord's timing and to always trust that He knows exactly what He's doing! She knows it and lives it every single day. Plus she cracks me up!
 
9. Leslie Coppin-
Oh my word. Leslie was and is to this day my favorite roommate. Ever. She taught me how to be silly and not even care what people think and really to laugh at myself! She also taught me to not hide my talents. She is a person with so many talents and she shares them with everyone!!!
 
10. Elder Holland-
Okay, I have never actually MET Elder Holland-but lets be real here! Who HASN'T had some sort of influence from Elder Holland?! He, just like Bro. Bowcutt, has helped me increase my testimony of the Savior and his life, ministry, death and ressurection. If I ever had the chance to actually meet him, I would probably die!
 
Hope this didn't bore TOO many people!
Up next: Describe your most embarrasing moment.


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...