Monday, August 12, 2013

YSA Conference-Part 1!

So this past weekend was the long anticipated South East YSA Conference! The conference consisted of:
  
5 Cities 
(Orlando, Atlanta, Hattiesburg, Nashville, Charolette)
10 States
102 Stakes
A LOT of YSAs 18-33
"No More Strangers" 
Ephesians 2:19
This weekend was such a whirlwind but it was so much fun! On Friday I met my friends Bekah and Marcus at the church building to head down so we could fit a session or 2 in at the Temple before the dance. It was such a great session! I was able to see the new Endowment video and it was so great! After sitting in the Celestial Room until pretty much everyone was gone just thinking about things I decided I would either 1. try to do another session or 2. go to sealings. I couldn't find my friend Bekah to start another session so I decided that I would go see if they needed help with sealings. It was really neat, as I walked into the room the older gentlemen stood up and got ready and as we were walking to the sealing room one of the brothers said "we're lucky you're here right now, you need a woman to seal these boys to their mothers" and even now just thinking about those words brings tears to my eyes. That because of me, those mothers (and fathers) can be with their sons for time and all eternity. Such an amazing feeling! I got through 5 and I had to stand up because I started getting dizzy (for those who don't know, the last time I did Sealings...I fainted. I need to remember to eat before doing those next time!) and the sealer didn't want me to faint so we called it a day. We left the temple and grabbed some food and headed to the hotel to relax before the dance. 
Finally 7:30 came and we headed out to the Stake Center that is right across the street from the Temple. If you haven't seen the Temple lit p at night, you sure are missing it! It's beautiful! We got there at about 7:50 and almost all the parking spots were taken! Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures but that's okay. I got asked to dance...once. Haha! No biggie, there were SO many people there, on Saturday morning it was announced that over 700 people had checked in on Friday. Impressive if you ask me! Also I know what you're thinking, over 700 people and NOBODY asked me to dance?! What were they all thinking?! I looked CUTE too! Haha! At this point in my life, I learned to not be disappointed by the fact that I wasn't asked to dance. I still had a great time! The dance got over at midnight but my feet were barking well before that! So we dropped Marcus off at our friend Matt's house and Bekah and I headed to the hotel and we went to bed! 
Speaking of going to bed, I think I'm going to head that way now! I'll do part 2! Stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...