Wednesday, May 29, 2013

16/30: 5 Greatest Accomplishments

5 of my greatest accomplishments, a majority of them are Gospel related because I feel like that's where I grow the most!

1. My Faith-
Living in the south with all the Southern Baptists and Catholics and other religions can be tough! I was only one of about 6 in my grade growing up that were LDS so a majority of my friends were and are non-members. It gets tough when everyone around you is telling you how much fun it is to drink and "have a good time" and what not.

2. Graduating from Seminary AND Institute- 
3 out of 4 years in high school my mom was a Seminary teacher so of course I went and was able to graduate! When it came to going to Institute I hesitated when it came to going but after a few years it became natural to go (and I didn't have to wake up at 5:00 to go!!) My testimony grew immensely about the gospel at seminary and Institute!

3. Being Temple Worthy-
This is the best accomplishment I've made. A lot of people say it's really hard, but to me I don't think it's that hard. I would never do anything to compromise the covenants that I've made in the Temple at all.  I love being there and I can't wait to meet someone who loves me so much and is worthy as well to take me there so we can be sealed for time and all eternity!

4. Work-
When I turned 17 and I wanted to get my driver's license my parents told me that i needed to get a J-O-B to pay for the insurance on the car (ol Grey, RIP). So I got a job at Publix and worked there for 3.5 years!  Then when I got tired of that I looked for full time work and because I had been a cashier I thought hey I'll be good at being a teller. Well in 2004 I got a job at CCB and I've been there ever since. Going on 9 years--wow! Good times....! For not having a college degree I'd say that's pretty good!

5. Piano-
When I was probably 15 I decided that since I loved to sing I should probably learn to play the piano! And when my grandma passed away when I was 16 we were able to get her piano! It was the greatest blessing ever. I was able to teach myself to play without any lessons. I am no Beethoven or anything like that by any means but if I look at a piece of music I can at least right hand it on the piano! 

Up next: What do I wish I was good at!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...