Thursday, April 25, 2013

2/30: Describe 3 Legit Fears and How They Became Fears

 So many fears to pick from!

1. Spiders and anything that is small and moves fast-
This is 1 fear wrapped together. My fears of these things are slightly irrational actually, but they're fears nonetheless! My fear of spiders basically stems from this one night when I was a teenager for some weird reason I decided to sleep on the couch.I was laying there and I felt something CRAWLING up my left leg. OMG I almost flipped out! Something else about spiders that makes me gag thinking about it is when you see a ginormous spider and you step on it and like a THOUSAND little babies scatter like the 12 tribes of Isreal. Pretty sure when that happened I ran and got a can of hairspray and literally lacqured them to the floor! My mom wasn't too happy about that one! Haha! Shivers run down my back when I think about that! The irrational part of this fear is that after I've killed a spider I won't pick it up to toss it in the trash because I am afraid of it coming back to life and biting me and killing me and forget about throwing it in the toilet because it will come back to life and then bite me in the butt!!!  Also, if you've seen the movie Archnophobia that in itself is reason alone to be terrified of spiders! You don't need a personal experience with spiders after that movie! It's like when you see a spider and it disappears and then all the sudden you subconciously start feeling it crawl all over you when it's no where near you at all! HA!
2. Guns-
Also in my last post I mentioned that I HATE and FEAR guns like nobody's business! If you have a gun for saftey, that's great for you. I just don't like them!!! I feel like ever since this fear has been realized there have been like twice as many shootings and people being shot. I'm telling you, that episode of Grey's Anatomy where the disgruntled man who's wife died came to the hospital and shot the place up and nearly killed Derek and with all these people who are creating mass murder with guns, I am almost certain that is how I am going to die, like wrong place at the wrong place type of deal. I know it's just a show and the odds of me being shot are like a million to one (or less) but nonetheless it is still a fear. I HATE that this thought sits in my brain, and I don't know WHY I think this but I am so terrified that I will be shot. Really it is probably from watching Criminal Minds, CSI, 48 Hours Hard Evidence. Its kind of like whenever I see a bag of trash on the side of the road my mind automatically goes to that there is most likely a dead body in that bag. Again, I watch too many crime shows! Pretty sure my sister said guns too in her post but  I'm not copying her. I fear it so I wrote it.
3. When people wear sunglasses/hoodies in public places-
Weird right? Well let me explain! When I was a teller my office was robbed 4 times in a 5 month period, 6 years ago. To this day whenever I'm at the store and I see someone wearing sunglasses or wearing anything over their head it makes my heart start to race. It's the same when someone is walking towards me and they're walking really fast or someone who makes quick movements. The guy who robbed my office would walk in and cover his face with a towel that was on his head and usually only go to one teller (either me or my head teller as there were only 2 of us behind the teller line) but he would make these quick movements and would walk fast. For example, this past Saturday my mom and I were at Walmart and there were these 2 clowns in these costume things from head to toe (one with sunglasses on too) and as they started walking towards us my heart started to race and I was seriously was about to bolt the other way but I knew in my head it was just 2 kids clowning around but that fear of being robbed, personally this time, takes over me. This happens at least once a week and its normally only when I'm by myself. I don't know how to turn this off in my brain but I guess when you go through being robbed 4 times in 5 months and it's equally scary every time it happens it's bound to mentally leave you kind of scarred for life.
I fear a lot more things but it only says 3 so I'll let you all wonder what those other things could be!!!

Up next: Describe your relationship with your parents
Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...